About the Attorney
JONATHAN S. FELDMAN
Jonathan S. Feldman, CFA, is a commercial litigator that focuses on business disputes, professional malpractice and insolvency matters. He received his J.D., with honors, from the Emory University School of Law after earning his B.S. in Finance from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Jonathan has been awarded the AV-Preeminent Rating in Litigation and has been recognized as a Super Lawyer and Top Lawyer for several years. At the outset of his legal career, Jonathan served as the law clerk to Chief Bankruptcy Judge for the Southern District of Florida, Robert A. Mark.
Jonathan’s representative matters include the following:
- Represented high net worth private lender in successful enforcement of $20+ million loan to prominent, politically connected Broward lawyer and law firm. Obtained summary judgment as to liability on multiple bases and rejection of law firm’s lender liability claims.
- Represented liquidating trustee for two hedge funds in the 3rd largest Ponzi scheme in U.S. history. Notable achievements included (i) confirming chapter 11 plan of liquidation; (ii) asserting and resolving fraud and negligence claims against pre-bankruptcy auditor, financial institutions, outside legal counsel and former principals and officers and (iii) representing liquidating trustee on creditor committee matters in main fraud case.
- Represented creditors committee in $240+ million condominium converter fraud. Notable achievements included (i) reviewing and analyzing disposition of commercial real estate projects; (ii) confirming chapter 11 plan of liquidation; (iii) successfully settling significant fraud and negligence claims against pre-bankruptcy lenders, outside legal counsel and senior management; (iv) filing, managing and resolving over 50 separately filed suits in connection with the bankruptcy case and (v) negotiation and elimination of $200+ million in secured and unsecured debt.
- Represented court appointed receiver and bankruptcy trustee in connection with multi-million dollar fraud perpetrated by Claudio Osorio. Notable achievements included unwinding business affairs of Mr. Osorio, investigating claims against third-parties and liquidating assets for the benefit of creditors.
- Representing both creditors and targets in complex collection matters and supplemental proceedings. These representations center on identifying potential points of weakness in trust and estate planning, seizing assets and prosecuting fraudulent transfer and successor liability claims.
- Represented client in professional malpractice claim against Am Law 20 firm for negligent asset protection plan. Matter settled confidentially pre-suit.